Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Updates, Updates....

Great news! Matt WON'T need surgery! We are very relieved and grateful. Some aggressive physical therapy will take place over the next month, but hopefully he will be walking and possible working by early next week. I am happy our summer isn't ruined and that life could possibly get back to semi-normal in a week or so. I think he'll struggle with a sore thigh through the rest of the summer, but he's a tough dude so we will work through it. It's never a good time for life to stop for something like this, but with a one and three year old, in the midst of a fun and busy summer, it's REALLY not good timing. So, again, sweet relief!

Lucy and Tommy are being great about it - albeit semi-confused. They seem shocked when we get home from something in the middle of the day and yes, Dad is STILL laying on the couch, in the same position as 3 hours earlier when we left. On a Tuesday. Lucy keeps saying, "Can I get you anything, Dad?" "How's your leg, Daddy?" and "Is your "Owie" all done yet?" She's sad her Dad can't wrestle with her every second, but she's very patient and understanding. Like Sunday night when she reassured him, "That's o.k. Dad, you can just sit and watch me do gymnastics."

I have found that when I get really stressed, and I can fortunately count on one hand how many times I have been this stressed and worried...my coping technique is to stay very busy. I can't sit home and wait for the test results...I have to get out there and do things with the kids and make their life as normal as possible. They keep me strong when I feel like I am going to burst out in tears or just sit in my car and feel sorry for myself. There is no time for that..too much needs to be done and for that, I am grateful. These past few days have shown me that I am stronger that I realized and the kids have made me that way.

.....................................................................................

Lucy was an adorable girl up north last week. In the mornings, when everyone was off doing something and Tommy was sleeping, we would go down to the beach together. She would often times say something so ridiculously sweet to me that in an instant, I would realize THAT moment was all that really mattered in life. I can't remember them all, but one morning we sat together in our respective beach chairs. I helped her fix her pants and she said to me, "Thanks for being so helpful, Mom. You are the best mommy in all the world. In the whole world." I thanked her and we hugged, and while we hugged, she whispered in my ear, "Of all the girls...of all the girls..."

I'm not really sure what she was trying to say but I think she meant of all the girls, I am the best mommy out there. Ha ha...or at least that's my interpretation, of course.

One morning, she went on a tangent, asking me questions about her birth.
"Why didn't you have clothes in your stomach for me, Mom?"
"Why was I "anaeged" (our family weird word for naked) when I came out?"
"Why did Tommy and I take turns?"
"First I came out...than Tommy came next!"
"Did you come out of Daddy's tummy, Mom?"
Hilarious....

And we would just talk and laugh and hold hands on the beach and it was pretty much the best. For as much "button pushing" that girl can do to me, Lucy at 3 years old is pretty much as good as it gets. I wish she would stay this age forever. But maybe I will be saying that at 5 years old. I hope I am, anyway.

Tommy continues to be an exploring and verbally exploding little man. He can now say "Boppa" to my Dad and "Yeah" when I ask him a question like, "Would you like a waffle for breakfast?." He also says, "Shrek" which is random since he has never seen the movie...but Lucy has a Princess Fiona doll, so he is spoken about often. He was very brave in the water and sand all week. He's also working VERY hard on perfecting his up and down out of chairs. The boy would do it all day if I let him. One day, he sat in his little chair for almost an hour, just passing a toy back and forth to my Dad. I think he thinks he's pretty cool. I am sure it's very empowering. I can't believe he will be 16 months old this weekend. Too crazy.

Life really is good and there is much to be thankful for tonight.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Yes there is... thank goodness he doesn't need surgery. Loved the updates. Very cute. Lucy is quite a sweetpea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger