Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, July 09, 2007

AND IT WAS GOING SO WELL...

Our great vacation week kicked off with me completing my first 10K race. It was super fun and motivating and I thought we did pretty well. 9:17/mile and 33rd for my age bracket. Karen and I chatted the whole time and that made it go by quickly...now it's on to the 10 miler at the end of August.





















Then, we headed up for our week-long vacation on Lake Huron. Tons of relaxing, sunning, eating and drinking. It was nice to check out of life as usual, turn off the computers and phones, and just chill. Lucy and Tommy loved the beach and hanging out with Meema, Boppa and "E.E." Matt and my Dad enjoyed many rounds of golf. Good times all around...



























And then, on our last day, late in the afternoon...Matt went water skiing. And he fell. And the handle plowed into his thigh. And he crushed one of his quadracep muscles in his right thigh. He had to go to 2 ERs over the weekend and is getting an MRI tonight to make sure he doesn't need surgery (which, pray to the Lord Jesus, they don't think he will). Yeah...good times and a good ending. Ahhhh...things happens when you least expect it. In the meantime, this two day experience has CEMENTED into stone our already VERY firm plans to not have a third child. I barely have time to get the guy a glass of water to take his Victodin. Ha!

I had plans to write an entry with my beachtime thoughts I had about checking out of life for a while, and cute stories about the kids. But right now I am just running around too much to stop and write it all down.
I leave you with one quote from "Da Luce" said on the beach mid-week while putting her arm around Tommy and I, "I LOVE MY FAMILY!"

4 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

Ouch! Wishing Matt a speedy recovery.

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Matt!! Hope he heals fast and NO SURGERY!!!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Oh, man! I'm so sorry to hear about Matt. I hope he's feeling better soon... and he doesn't need surgery. Keep us updated!

Glad it was a great time... otherwise. Still want to hear the thoughts and stories from the beach!

Congrats on the 10K! You're a rockstar!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

yikes, sorry about the hubs and his injury- that is a bummer.

congrats on the 10k, you look fantastic!
and my oh my those are two adorable looking children you got there sister.
what a beautiful family..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger