Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, July 16, 2007

Let's Try a New Week...

So we are starting fresh and anew at our house this week. We are going to try July over again starting today, since things have been nutty since the month began.
Commenters - you guys are hilarious. I know there are more of you out there who are being LAME-O and not letting yourself be known, but that's fine. Talk amongst yourselves....I know you are out there. ha ha...
Matt went back to work today and is doing amazingly well. If you had told me a week ago he'd actually be working today, I would have told you you're nuts! The only real issue now is that his wound is kind of getting yucky. Without divulging too much gross information, let's just say the built up wound fluid is coming up in the form of blisters and he's having to wrap the area to make sure it doesn't get infected. Ridiculous...anyway, so he is out making the "sweet moolah" for the family and visiting his big accounts that he hasn't seen in over two weeks.
Lucy didn't enjoy Dad heading out this morning...but after three hugs, two kisses, and telling herself Dad was "only going to the store for a minute," she seemed to be able to cope with him leaving.
The two of them had a rough day together yesterday. I stepped out a couple of times and found that I had to play peacemaker upon my return. She just really likes to push his buttons and for some reason, sometimes I am the only person who can calm her down or redirect her from her silly (aka obnoxious) behavior.
Tommy continues to intrigue me day after day. Today at a playgroup, he was perfectly content to lay back in a baby swing in a total "mack daddy" position, with this little smile on his face peeking over at me.
He is an interesting boy...
Could care less about: crazy sister in full on dance routine before his very eyes, other kids flailing/yelling around him, reading a book more than 10 seconds long, saying much of anything
Is pulled towards and loves: Anything physical like stairs, climbing, running and exploring, any older boys playing ball outside, any and all balls, Elmo, his Boppa, food (ate two and a half NORMAL SIZED pieces of pepperoni pizza last night) and hugging me.

4 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad Matt is back to work...eww on the blisters!! Let's hope he stays infection free!!

Morgan sounds a bit like Tommy--she's addicted to climbing stairs and has to "play steps" for freakin' EVER!! Seriously. When we're at his parents' house? Jimmy, myself, his sister and dad take turns with her on the steps.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger MB said...

I am hating the thought of blisters to let out the fluid trapped in his leg. Oh God, my leg hurts just thinking about it. What does the doctor say about this???? MB

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Sister said...

Poor Mad Matt!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Blisters? I'm with Kellie, ew. Poor guy. That sounds like a major pain in the booty, or leg.

And seriously, TWO pieces of pizza! Holy Moses! We need to have Tommy have a chat with Jack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger