Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Sweet Reflection of Their Parent's Traits and Hobbies...

Yesterday afternoon, I went for a walk around the block with the kids, as we usually do after Tommy's nap. We met a little girl we had never seen before. Her name was Kirsten. Lucy stood there in shock and awe (as is the norm with another girl older than her) as I asked her how old she was. Kirsten was 7 years old.
"How 'bout that Lucy? She's 7 years old," I said to her, trying to get her to close the open mouth gape she had while staring at Kirsten.
Then, suddenly, Lucy snapped out of it and asked, "How's it feel to be 7?" which is hilarious in it's own right...but as a finale, she lets out a large fart, giggles "excuse me" and runs away.
Yeah....a sweet combination of curiosity and flatulance...it's what friendships are made of...

This morning, my mom took Lucy for morning playtime and Tommy and I had some quality time together. As he gets more toddler-ish, he is becoming more and more hilarious, as well. I was driving a running route for myself after errands, and he and I were jamming out to some lunchtime 90's rap. So, of couse, I threw my hands in the air like I really didn't care...and Tommy did the same. Then he started swaying BIG TIME back and forth in his car seat and laughing. A tear almost came to my eye as I realized, I am turning that mother out with my son for the first time and it is a total party...

5 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

This is absolutely the best blog entry I have ever read . . . You inspire me to rock out more with my girls (they do enjoy the White Stripes "Little Ghost").

Check my site for the gmap-pedometer link. You can measure running routes on any street in the good ol' U.S.A. without driving around in your car like you're lost. It's a bonus.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Sister said...

That is hilarious about the 'How does it feel to be 7'...who says that!? haha! And the farting and running - come on!! Tommy jamming out is funny too - good times!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger amanda said...

haha! How's it feel! haha! followed up with a fart! haha! I'm dieing here...

I love singing and dancing in the car with Jack. He's a rockstar extraordinaire! Loves it.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger MB said...

We've been jamming in the car lately to some bible school songs that the kids love. Shaelyn will randomly walk up to kids and belt out, "We must never fight, come together and unite, pray with all your might, brothers sisters do what's right." She then smiles and walks away all proud of herself for singing the song. I've watched from a far a few times and just crack up when her audience is baffled by her religious outburst and quick retreat!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger nateburns976 said...

When Lucy let out the large fart, it must of smelled like ROTTEN EGGS!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger