Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

First Big Girl Birthday Party!

This afternoon, Lucy is going to a birthday party for our 5-year-old neighbor. This is a VERY exciting prospect, as she is the only 3-year-old invited, it is a "glamour party" at a kid's hair salon AND it is a "parents drop-off and leave" scenario.
Needless to say, I've been talking and prepping her for this party over the last day or two. I've explained that the mom's don't stay at this party, and that some nice girl will do her hair and nails and then she'll get to play dress-up!
She stares at me wide-eyed as I explain what will happen....and then she starts with the questions...
"But who will take good care of me?" (Well, Riley's Mom will be there)
"Who will take me potty?" (You'll have to be a big girl and tell someone there you have to go)
"Can you peek at me through the window? (I'll try to come early and see you!)
I know she will be very brave and do great. And the other girls will have no idea she just turned 3 last month and this is just about the most exciting thing that's ever happened to her and that she has butterflies in her belly. But it will still tug at my heart to drive away and leave her brave self to the big girl party....

4 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger meg said...

PLG..."but who will take good care of me?"

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww..."but who will take good care of me?" melted my heart :)

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Can you peek at me through the window??? Come on for God's sake, how could she be any more cute?

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger meg said...

So how did it go!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger