Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

And Breathe...

The last couple of days have been low-key and unscheduled. We have gone to playgrounds, painted, played outside, visited with neighbors and ran some errands. They have even been enjoying their time in the jogging stroller!
It's days like this that I wish lasted forever. Like yesterday, after the park, when I decided we needed to get ice cream at 2:30 in the afternoon. So we did...and we sat on a bench together and chatted about things. It's moments like these that remind me how lucky I am to be home with them on a Tuesday afternoon, chatting it up and enjoying the summer day.
We saw some older boys run past us and Lucy asked, "Why don't they have their mom with them?" I explained that when you get a little older, sometimes you don't have to have your mom go places with you all the time. She wondered why in the world she would want that? And I said, "Well, some day you won't want me with you all the time...but you'll always need your mom..."
She just stared off, thinking about all of it and licking her cone. So cute I could have died.

3 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger meg said...

PLG!

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's probably assuming the mother of the older kids is nowhere near as cool as HER mom and THAT'S why they weren't with her.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Your positive post gives me hope that I, too, will again have an enjoyable day with my children. I love days like that and need one soon! (Apparently Luce and Annie have been collaborating on the anti-sleep thing. Grr.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger