Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sippy Cup Showdown...

EDIT: AT 2:45 P.M. TODAY HE TOOK 5 OZ. IN A SIPPY FOR ME! WHOOOO! HE IS CAVING!

Tommy was a laid back dude from 0-12 months old. The kid was so chill that I was all, "Seriously? You were grown in this Type A woman and you are this laid back?" Well, ch-ch-ch-changes have arrived people...in the form of a SIPPY CUP SHOWDOWN between mother and son.
Oh yes, the harsh transition has begun (remember the June goal I created for myself?) and it aint pretty. I tried different sippies, I tried soft nipples and hard nipples (that's right, I wrote it). I tried warm milk, sort of warm milk, cold milk. I tried it all. Screw it...we are going hard core.
He finally caved and drank about 2 oz. at about 2:30 p.m. At bedtime, I was giving him his bottle (I am beginning with daytime bottles first) and as he drank it, I swear the kid was glaring at me. He had one eyebrow up and he was looking at me as if to say, "Woman? You think you can break me?" and then...THEN...he only drank 4 oz. and whacked it away from his mouth.
O.k. so perhaps he does have 50% of my genes in him. I stand corrected.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Showdowns with little people aren't fun. Morgan gets a bottle at night and that shall stay that way for a bit. Getting her to drink milk from a cup was HORRIBLE. I finally caved and flavored it a little with strawberry stuff and once she started drinking it, I gradually put les and less flavor in it and she's been on unflavored milk now for almost 5 months.

Good luck, girly...you can do it :)

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Ok, so seriuosly, I need some help here... I've been "struggling" with the sippy cup for longer than I want to admit. He'll drink water but not milk. Did you just go cold turkey during the day? No more bottles?? I am clueless... if he goes two meals w/o milk I freak out and give him a bottle. Email me and give me some advice!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger