Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Parental "First" I Could Have Gone Without...

What a day...what a week, really. I was thinking earlier this morning that I wanted to post about Tommy's random "screaming jags" over the past 3 days but hadn't gotten to it yet. He's had these moments around lunchtime the past few days where he is just really mad and nothing I would do helped. They were super fun in the library (I think I almost got kicked out), at a friend's for lunch, and in the grocery store check-out yesterday (a woman actually changed lanes to get away! ha!).
They maybe lasted 30 minutes or less so I just thought he was uncomfortable with his teeth or something (his other eye teeth are on their way in and are high and huge and right at the gum).
Today, Tommy started screaming at 10:40 a.m. this morning and didn't stop until 12:10 in the parking lot of our local ER. He started up after his morning nap and, again, nothing was working and he was inconsolable. I went to my friends for a visit and he just wouldn't stop so I had her watch Lucy for me (thank god I had the option!) and called the doctor. After explaining Tommy's "normal low-key demeanor" and the fact that the kid is (knock on wood) the healthiest kid I've ever known, they thought it would be best if I had him checked out ASAP.
We were in and out of there really fast and everyone was really nice. He finally stopped the crying from sheer exhaustion (which was good during his exam) and they didn't find anything. They looked for a broken bone, hernia, ear infection, tummy, etc. Nothing. I guess that's a good thing but you still wish there was an explanation. Scary and random! Poor Tomma Shomma! Happy Thursday! Wahhhoooiieee!

4 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Sister said...

Dang it - poor Tomma!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

That sounds tough...hope it works out soon. We're going through the eye tooth saga here, too, and Paddy has been totally crabby for a few days now, which makes me think Tommy's teeth could be the cause of the screaming. You'd think nature would find an easier way of getting those teeth in, huh? Hope he feels better soon.

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch with all the screaming!! So glad he's alright, though. Morgan's had some time with screaming or being miserable--pretty sure it's the teeth. Poor kids--I hate seeing them suffer like this!!

Have a great weekend :)

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Oh Gosh I'm so sorry! Poor Tommy. I feel like I always do this... but really, Jack has been doing something similar lately (is it me or are these two way too much alike?). Not quite as extreme though. He wakes up from naps very suddenly and is completely unconsolable for about 30 minutes. I am fairly certain that it's his teeth. He's got about 17 coming in all at once. Anyway, I'm so sorry! I feel so bad for the little guy!

ps. I booked my tickets for MI... 7/25-8/6, let me know if you'll be around and we can catch up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger