Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Her Big Week Rages On...

On top of "Farm Camp" this week, Lucy also started gymnastics classes. She had expressed interest in "nastics" on her own and my friend knew of a parks and rec program for preschoolers so I thought, "What the heck?" I have also been looking for something for us to do together (just she and I) and thought this would be a nice option for us.

They really expect a lot from these little girls. It's a great class and a great instructor who really takes her time with the kids. However, it also means there is a lot of "waiting" between turns and "sitting on the star" for Lucy. She is the youngest one in the class by at least 6 months and also the only one who has never taken the class before. She was hilarious and I was SO PROUD of her.

She really worked hard to try all the tricky moves and watched the other girls. The other girls were pretty good at everything already so the instructor was nice enough to take a little more time with Luce so she could get a feel for different things for the first time. I was also giggling that the other girls were all decked out in leotards and Lucy was in jean shorts and a tank top. Ha ha...note to self for next time: apparently throw a leotard on her.

The best part of class for me, was that every time she would get done doing something she thought was fun, she'd peek over at me and wave or cross her eyes and stick her tongue out to make a silly face at me and laugh. And we'd giggle together from across the gym like, "Can you believe you get to do THIS??!!"
Such a big girl I can barely take it...

4 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Meg said...

haha - bless her heart! I can just see her honking around. "I'm very brave..."

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I love it!! I took gymnastics (and ballet and tap... although, not all at once)as a kid and LOVED it. I mean, so me of the best memories ever. I had some of the funniest leotards EVER! Seriously, whatever you do - be sure to get pictures from those classes!! I love looking back at my ridic leotards.

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Morgan wants to do "nastics" when she's bigger. Lucy sounds so adorable!!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

that is so adorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger