Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Had to Go Listy Today...

1. Sippy cup showdown update...mom has won! We are now doing two sippy cups a day. Not warming them up or anything. Cha-ching! I'm giving the little stinker about two weeks of this and then we get rid of the a.m. and p.m. one as well. Bottle free by 4th of July, I say!!! Paci-free by Labor Day, I say!!!
2. I am freakin tired. I unpacked from camping, cleaned the house and did 4 loads of laundry on Sunday. I'm training for a 10K next Saturday. I am whooped and with no really fun t.v. shows on this summer (besides Rescue Me, of course)...Matt is laughing at me headed up to bed at 9:20 p.m. Ohh welll....
3. Wow...having a 3 year old in the summertime is different than a 2 year old. She wants to be outside 24/7. She wants to play with the girls down the street. We have "play dates" and kids in and out of the house all afternoon. I pull out the sprinkler and baby pool and suddenly the neighborhood makes their way to my front yard. Don't get me wrong...it's all fun and I love chatting with the moms and watching the kids flail. But, I need a break every now and then. I mean, how am I supposed to know how pregnant Elizabeth looks on The View? Plus, Lucy gets crazy eyes after 4 p.m. when she doesn't get her "quiet time." Today we shall chill out inside for a while.
4. Lucy is going to the CUTEST summer camp this week. It's a preschool that is located on a farm with cows, horses, chickens, etc. It is so dang cute and she is loving her little week-long camp. Tomorrow, if she is brave enough, she gets to ride the horse. Such a big girl as she headed up to the schoolhouse holding this "new teacher's" hand. I secretly watched her as she headed up the steps with her oversized backpack. She didn't even look back. PLG to the MAX...

3 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Sister said...

Totally PLG to the Max!! She's a lot braver than I!

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a sweet girl--and much braver than I would be!!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Ok, PLG... I need to see some pictures!

ps. I started the sippy cup crusade, as well!! Day one was great. Day two. Not so much. But seriously, I'm taking your advice and not caving! haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger