Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, May 07, 2007

Poor Little Guy...

We have an acronym we use in my family. It's "PLG." It stands for "Poor Little Guy" or "Girl." It is truly a useful phrase that I pretty much say daily. It's kind of like "Bless her heart" but a tinge different. When would you use it?
1. When a person is sitting at a restaurant alone (preferably a family style place)...mowing on a belgium waffle, strawberries and whipped cream, and really happy about it. He's probably totally content...doesn't matter, to me it's totally PLG.
2. When Lucy asks me, "Who's going to take care of me?" or "Thanks for taking care of me, Meema..." So PLG.
3. When any child falls and hurts themselves...but brushes it off and keeps on hauling it. PLG.
4. People who work in the mall and take their break on a bench while eating a Sam's pretzel and checking their watch occasionally. Oh wait..that was me in 1994...oh yeah, I worked at the Disney Store...please don't stop reading my blog because of that information....PLG....
5. People who are butt happy about something really simple. This could include a person with an ice cream cone...an older lady walking her dog...people returning cans at Meijers for their refund (yeah, I'm in Michigan)...PLG....
6. Anyone who's having a hard time doing something. Like sometimes when my 80-year-old neighbor is trying to get his lawn mower going. And he's usually not around in the spring but his wife died at Christmas so he didn't get to go to Florida this year. Ugh...soo PLG....
7. People who think something not so cute is a super nice shirt. Like the ladies who wear holiday puffy painted sweatshirts with winter scenes on them the entire month of December. Or teachers who wear a lot of denim overall dresses and neclaces with wooden animals on them. Some of these people might have raised my husband...I'm just sayin'...it's PLG.

So there you have it...enjoy it....incorporate it into your life if you'd like. It's really a goody.

9 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO taking this :)

I laughed at the "butt happy" and the "mowing" on a waffle bits; I felt sad for the neighbor and the loss of his wife...I giggled at the teachers and Holiday themed sweatshirts...

Thanks :)

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Sister said...

hahaha.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger loveball said...

oh, I miss you. I miss your made up language. Another example: me at Meijer - trying to carry two 12 packs of diet pepsi and a gallon of detergent (in my heels) and being top heavy and totally falling flat on my face in the grocery aisle..then laughing out loud at myself, looking around to see if anyone saw and sheepishly walking to get a cart...oh, so very plg...

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Ok, so I knew this about you already... I believe it was your sister that actually called me a PLG... once upon a time, in blogger world. hehe:) Oh, and yes, I use it all of the time.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Sister said...

Amanda - I totally did teach you about PLG on a comment once!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Amy - that is soooo plg at Meijers...I would have paid money to see it That's when you're supposed to ask a hot dude in produce for their help! :)

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

I have my own PLG moments all the time....usually it involves carrying groceries while herding a very headstrong toddler...

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

too funny.
I love #4...you are hilarious.

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a girl in Junior League who prides herself is being able to pull off really short bangs. Only, she really can't pull off really short bangs because nobody can....PLG.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger