Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pulling it Up From the Boot Straps This Week...

Lots of deep breathing. Lots of trying not to sweat the small stuff. Lots of "positive thinking" time outs in my brain at 5:42 p.m. when I have just about had it...
Instead of being Little Miss Sunshine, I am going to wrap up the week by venting about the "total party" I call my life in list formation....
1. Trying to get Tommy to transfer to sippy cups full time. Not going well...not enjoying him throwing it across the room. Today, he actually took a sip of lovely warm milk in my lap when he was extremely hungry, and proceeded to open his mouth and let the milk slowly flow out of this mouth and look at me in pure disgust. Real cute...
2. Tommy has also decided he is done being a good shopper. He is 14 months old and all he wants to do is run and run and definately not let Mom buy that cute jean skirt for sister in Nordtrom Rack or everyone in the store will deal with the wrath of the pissed off Tomma Shomma Ding Dong. And in Target. And in the stroller on our run that 99.9% of the time he sleeps through. And at the grocery store. Party....
3. Matt's leaving on his second fishing trip in 5 weeks tomorrow morning. 3 nights and 4 days gone. Super dupe...
4. I am eating like a hog this week and can't stop. Not sure what my deal is. Oh yeah, I am an emotional eater. I forgot for a minute while I was stuffing Kruncher potato chips in my mouth at 10 p.m...coping with Melinda being voted out...
5. I decided to plan a little end-of-year picnic for Lucy's preschool next week and it's turned into a headache because the location had to change. And the woman who I am reserving the pavillion from is a pavillion natzi. And the process has a lot of rules and regs. Apparently you don't mess around when it comes to something totally serious and earth-shattering like a $15 pavillion reservation on a Thursday morning. But it will be cute and fun and totally worth it...let us pray...
6. I am dealing with Lucy officially done with naps (I instituted "quiet time" in our new basement last week). Sometimes it goes well and I can shower and get 30 minutes of a Tivo'd "View" while laying horizontal. Other days, I am up 50 times to get her a water, snack, tuck her back in, get out an art project, etc. Those days aren't my favorite. I just need an hour to recharge the battery. That's all I ask.
7. As my running partner/therapist/good friend Erin said this morning, perhaps I am trying to take too much on at once. She makes a good point. My new goal for May is to get Lucy set and comfortable in her new "quiet time" routine. June will be official sippy cup month (although I am going to still keep offering). July, we tackle Tommy's pacifier (although I am starting to lay off of it more often) going buh-bye. Much better...less stressful...I do well with goals.
So there's my latest purge of issues at the moment. Everyone have a GREAT WEEKEND!!

6 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO taking on too much...I think the set goals will be much easier.

Hang in there...you ROCK...everything will be just fine :)

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Doesn't it feel good to get it all out sometimes?! Especially while being listy! haha! Ok, so I'm with you these days... and I only have one kid! ahhg! Jack is a HANDFUL satanbaby these days and I find myself wondering (constantly) if I will ever be able to handle another baby.

I like the monthly goals. I've been feeling a little overwhelmed and behind with some of this stuff(sippy cups, elimination of the 24/7 pacifier, etc., etc.)... you're on to something. Hang in there!!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

Operation pacifier is pretty much done at our house too...she still likes to have it...but only to HOLD. Isn't that too funny?

Good luck with Operation sippy cup. Casey took a lot longer with that than I thought...but I don't miss the bottles one bit. She was 21 months when we finally gave up the bottle totally.

I have found that one thing at a time is what works best.

We started with "please and thank you". Once she got that...I moved on to the paci.

Right now I'm working on gearing up for the potty chair. That's June's mission.

GOOD LUCK.

P.S. I love the quiet time idea. My sitter does this with her kids and it took a while for her 3yr old to get it but he did.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger MB said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Hmm yeah I would have to agree with yoru friend Erin..it does seem you are taking on a ton all at once! The short term goals are much less stresful! Oh the warm milk..I think I would have gagged!! Hope your Pavilion party goes well and pavilion nazi lets up!!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Sister said...

I never knew you were an emotional eater?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger