Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, May 13, 2007

I guess it's true what they say...hot nights out and motherhood just don't mix well. Your wake up time remains the same, no matter how late you are out.
A group of girlfriends and I went to this last night. I was front and center for most of the show. Lots of mosh pitting, thrashing of hands, sweating, vodka tonic drinking, and yelling to speak to others. I had to giggle when I went to get a drink and checked my watch. 1:40 a.m. Normally I have been asleep for 4 hours by now.
Then, I got up at 7:52 a.m. and headed out for a Mother's Day brunch with the fam. And no one knew that just 8 hours earlier, I had teetered with the thought of throwing my bra up on stage. And eaten a ridiculous vendor hot dog in about 3 bites.
Yeah...I've totally still got it...

6 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo for you!! How fun!! You are gorgeous...Lucy is a doll...love her little dress and sandals!!

Happy Mother's Day!!

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger loveball said...

This is EXACTLY the type of night we are meant to spend together. The kind of night where you would most definitely make me laugh until I peed myself. Next time,ok?!! Happy Mother's Day to the Mom who totally still has it..fo sure!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Meem said...

You make a mother PROUD!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Crazy lady!! Glad you got out and had some fun! Oh, and great picture! Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

WOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOT!

One HOT MAMA!

The part about..."you wake up at the same time no matter how late you were out."

I SO hear you on that and it's so not fun.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Lucky Gem said...

Your daughter is a doll! And that purple dress...wowser!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger