Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, May 21, 2007

The Addiction...

So the running thing...haven't mentioned it lately but I think I am catching what they call "The Addiction." Which, of course, totally cracks me up because if you had told me 2 years ago I would have "The Addiction" I would have laughed in your face. However, here we sit and I am starting to "get" what people talk about. It's the one thing I do just for me almost every day and it truly keeps me sane.
I just purchased new shoes last week. After getting "assessed" by the guy at Gazelle Sports, I found out I am an Asics 2120 kind of gal. Great shoes. I feel like I am 11 years old again when I really thought my new shoes would make me jump higher and run faster.
I ran 25+ miles last week. That was my biggest week to date. I don't usually get the chance to run that often with the kids, but for some reason I had opportunities or woke up really early to do it.
I am doing this race at the end of June. If all goes well, I am doing this race at the end of the summer. The Crim Road Race holds a special place in my heart. My Dad ran it for years when I was young, and I was always intrigued by the whole thing. I passed out water to runners a couple of times, or at least went over to "The Bradley Hills" to cheer the runners on. So it is only fit that I celebrate my hard work over the past year and run the race that I thought was "The Ultimate" back in the day.
Now if only I could update my ipod with something less lame than The Dixie Chicks' "Ready to Run." How embarassing....

5 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Horray for new shoes!! I often wished I could get into running...seems like a great way to keep fit and just BE...but, a knee that's gotten worse over the last two years keeps that from happening!!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Sister said...

Woo! THe Crim is HARD CORE!! AHHH!! haha! Way to go!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger amanda said...

THAT is awesome! 25+ miles! I'm so motivated by your hard work!! I really wanted to gear up for a 5K last year but it never happened... now I'm feeling motivated hearing about all of the great stuff you're taking on!

Oh, and I love getting new running shoes too... I've been making up reasons to get a new pair lately. I mean, GEEZ, I've had my current pair for over 2yrs... don't you think that's a good enough reason!?

Anyway, Congrats to you! I'm so proud!! hahaha! I sound like a mommy!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Wow you go girl!! Very impressive 25+ miles!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger loveball said...

um, I'm sorry...what are running shoes? And do they come in a wedge?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger