Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, April 23, 2007

Pushing, Pulling and Cuteness...

Lucy and I had a "push-pull" kind of weekend. Matt was out of town fishing, and she loves to test me when he is gone. Especially at bedtime.
A lot of "Oh wait mom..one more thing! Waaa! Waaa!"
And her "one more thing" is usually of utmost importance like, "I need two ponytails in my hair!" and "Elmo needs to be moved to the right just a smidge!"
You know, life and sleep altering issues.
She fights me on brushing her teeth, getting upstairs ("Mom! My feet aren't working!"), etc. etc....
But then she does things that are just great. Like after the 100th "one more thing" on Friday night, she told me "Mom? I love you the most." O.k...all is forgiven. I am a pushover.
And the next morning, when I showed her a new t-shirt I got her with a unicorn, pony and sparkly sunshine on it, she proclaimed, "Mom! These are all of my most important things!!" Oh how I wish a unicorn made it all o.k. for me too....
Instead, my sister and I think they are creepy. But I didn't let on to her.
Tommy continues to do new things almost daily. He is now running instead of walking. He dances to the Saturn commercial (I mean, it has a serious beat kickin'). Chase is officially his new favorite thing. He chases the big kids outside and laughs when they try and get him. I forgot how much work 13 months is. I have to really watch him outside - he likes to head towards the street. But at the same time, so much is happening and changing every day. This summer should be interesting!!

4 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unicorns creep me out, too!!

Morgan's 15 months and has a blast outside..she's a big shot and has to walk all over and climb the deck stairs all alone. If you try to help her, she'll make it known she does NOT require your assistance. Good times :)

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Jack dances to that commercial too! Too Funny! That song will get in your head for DAYS!! Aaahhg! I've outlawed the hubs from singing/humming it! haha!

Lucy just cracks me right up... "My feet don't work!" haha!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Toots said...

Hi Sarah! I am Andrea (AKA Toot's Mom)and also Mama zzz'a friend. I sneak a peak at your blog sometimes and think you are so funny. You have the same sense of humor I do and I love it!!! I especially love the picture of you. I have one too many of those myself.
Anyway I use to live in GR before moving two years ago to The Windy City. I can tell you all about that some other time. Anyway I have a really sweet and great friend, also Sarah, who moved from Chi-town to GR as I move the opposite way! She is married and is due to have a baby in July. I love her to death and you remind me a lot of her (just the little I think I know you from your blog). Mama zzz and I had this spledid idea that maybe you two could meet sometime if you are ever looking to meet new friends. I know she would love it. Anyway, I hope you don't think this is weird, or any pressure. I totally understand if you have enough going on. I will try to email you as well. Take care!!!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Toots said...

I can't find your email address so if you want to write me, mine is andreabonevelle@gmail.com I hope it is not bad to put this on a blog. he he. BTW, not that it matters, but i only moved to Chi-town one year ago!!! I LOVE the protest there in GR a few days ago. I bet Suzane GeeHa had her panties in a bunch. I can just hear her "The President's motorcade runs into protesters. . . AT 11" with that look on her face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger