Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, April 09, 2007

Post-Feast and Grease...

Our house is in a big chocolate bunny hangover. After 3 days of family, visiting friends, fun, frolicking, bunnys, egg hunts, food, sweets, church, more food, we just need to BE! It was a wonderful weekend and lots of fun was had.
We ventured out to the grocery store this morning as our big outing for the day. Which brings me to my question of the day...WHO are these women who have little kids in tow, and are all dolled up at the grocery store, preschool drop off, library, etc. at 8 a.m? I just don't get it. Or maybe it's me...see, I sometimes don't have time to workout until mid afternoon. In order to stay motivated, I will just put my workout pants and a t-shirt on (o.k. and sometimes a hat because I can't pull of day #2 hair) and will head out for the morning. I always am hoping I don't see anyone I know. Sure enough..it happens. Then I get in the car and look in the dreaded rear view mirror to check myself out and holy crap...it aint pretty. Why do I do it? Why? But again I ask, WHO are the women who are fresh as a summer breeze so early in the morning? I guess they just don't exercise and have that annoying metabolism that doesn't quit? Or maybe they do it at 5 a.m. and are all showered and fresh already? Whatever they do, I don't have it going on at my end. It's so bad that when I do shower and "get ready," Lucy will comment, "Oh mom! You did your hair? You look real pretty mom!"
I mean usually, I feel all hot to trot if I remember to apply deodorant before we head out...

3 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I'm with you! In fact, if I'm out of the house before lunch it is either the weekend or there's a babysitter involved. And if I am, with Jack in tow, you can bet I'm in yoga pants with day (or two) old hair in a ponytail.

I sometimes wonder if these women just don't sleep. Either that or they go to bed when the kids do and wake up well before the sun rises. haha!

Glad to hear you had a great weekend... sorry for the novel!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

I do believe these women..are like the woman on my train.

She gets up at 3:30am and lets her dogs out, works out and then showers to go to work.

I roll out of bed at 4:30 and barely make it in the shower to GO to work.

I anticipate starting next week..there will be days I sound just like you.

Lucky to get deodorant on...

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get chicks like that, either. I'm happy if I can be showered and dressed by 9am...happier if that time frame includes me drying my hair :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger