Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, April 19, 2007

To Dream of the Fruit Smoothie...

Lucy and I were watching Sesame Street and they were making fruit smoothies on the show. Then Lucy said to herself wistfully: "I wish I could have a fruit smoothie someday..."
So today, to assist in her smoothie dreams coming true, I told her we would go get one! After school, the children and I headed to the smoothie shop. After we got our drinks, we headed outside, where a water fountain was located. Lucy said, "Let's sit on this bench and look at the water, Mom." I was worried Tommy (stroller-free) wouldn't be having it, but what the heck..I'd try it for 10-15 seconds.
Instead, Tommy sat in my lap cuddling with me and laughing. Lucy stared at the fountain and drank her smoothie all butt happy while the sun shined down on us. It was a luxurious moment. "I love it outside," she said (bear in mind it is 55 degrees today, the warmest all spring so far). I loved it too.
Sometimes for a "greatest moment" in life, all you need is the sun, water and a new experience in a fruity beverage delight.
Edit/random side note: While we were luxuriating with our smoothies and the fountain, we watched a little girl, about Lucy's age, drop her drink on the ground and the bottom busted open and the smoothie went all over the ground and her shirt. She was crying and crying and Lucy was stricken on behalf of the poor little girl. I helped the mom take her to the bathroom with her jogging stroller and other two kids. We discussed the girl and how sad she was and why it probably spilled and how you have to be careful and her poor shirt is ruined, etc. And when the girl came back out and walked towards us, Lucy yelled out, "SORRY ABOUT YOUR DRINK!" This kid kills me daily...

3 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy cracks me up.... :)

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger amanda said...

haha! She's a riot! Mmmm... I'm dreaming of a smoothie too. And a cupcake. And some cheetos. And some pizza too. Mmmm... I like to dream about food.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Sister said...

So PLG - from beginning to end!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger