Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

New Friends...New Discoveries...

I have a new friend named Karen. Our kids go to the same preschool and we befriended each other in the parking lot, which led to the Friday playgroup, which led to a Friday night pizza date, which has now led us to daily chats and frequent visits with each other during the week. She has 3-year-old twin boys and a baby boy the same age as Tommy. Her husband is a physician who leaves before the boys are up and is home for the last hour before they go to bed. Let's just say she has her hands full. She cracks me up on a daily basis. Nothing fazes her...all hell is breaking loose around her and she keeps on chatting...it's fantastic.

Phone messages she left me last week included the following...

"I currently have a bird flying around the living room. I have no idea how to get him outta here. (screaming in the background). Do you have a net of some sort? Oh Mother...." Click.

"O.k. so apparently I have been calling Connor (sidenote: boy in playgroup that we have both known for over a year) COLIN for the past year. To the point where I sent him a birthday invitation addressed to COLIN. WHY does no one correct me? Why am I soooo annoying? How did I not catch that?" Click.

And then, just to add to the development of the new friendship, we discovered something on our weekend in Bay Harbor. I was previously suspect when she wore certain shirts...but after much discussion and a, ahem, revealing moment, we realized...we are boob twins. We have the same, exact unfortunate, post-baby, post-breasfeeding boobs. The deal has been sealed. We are friends for life....

5 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

*exhale*

I really want someone to feel this way about me someday...

Karen sounds like my kinda girl too....but I kinda figured as much if you are friends with her.

You could go your whole life and never find your boob twin! You are a lucky girl.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous :) I want a friend like that that lives HERE..not all the great blog chicks I have all over the country :)

To find your boob twin is spectac...I KNOW mine is out there...somewhere!!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Boob twin? Wow... I'm not sure mine could possibly exhist. haha! Maybe I could put an ad in the paper...

Isn't it great to find great true friends? :) And boob twins, as well. You're a lucky girl!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

My "boob twin" would really be my "feedbag twin" 'cause that's really all they are anymore...

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

Your friend sounds hilarious!
It's so great when we meet kindred spirits, especially at this stage in life.

hmm I wonder if I have a boob twin?
or more like a two empty socks twin..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger