Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Chicago is..Tommy's Kind of Town...

Yes, it's true. I broke out of the Michigan borders for a road trip for Tommy and I. Mother and Son...the open road...the big city...good times...
Why no Lucy, you ask? Well...she's not a total party in the car, she's not that great at sleeping at places other than her own bed, and I really just wanted to have some quality time with Tommy. I visited a close college friend and her new adorable baby boy, Sam. He is chubby, chill and has really cute feet. Also got to see other fun college/Chicago friends that I haven't seen in TOO LONG and it was really nice. Shopping...walking...eating...sushi...bar...more walking...more shopping...you get the picture. Oh, so here are some actual pictures...

Adorable Sam and Amy (and their really cute new house in the background. Bear in mind I lived with this girl at age 24, when having a car in Chicago meant you were "rich" - she's come a long way, baby)...





















Mother and son hitting the big city (forgot to mention I chopped the hair even more but I really like it)...
















This had me cracking up...only in the city would you see a sign trying to instill fear in people for not picking up their dog's poo. Look at the rats chasing...chasing the man and his dog. Run from the rats!!! Clean up the poo!!!





















My cute friends and Tommy...

4 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Doug Barrow said...

Looks Like a total party - love the rats. And again, this is sister - not Number 1 Grandson!!

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good trip. The rat and poo sign is cracking me up...

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Fun fun fun!! Sounds like a great weekend! Glad the weather was good for your trip. And Tommy, he's getting so big! And the RATS... hahahaha!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

That sign is too funny! While in Rochester a couple weeks ago, I actually saw a sign that said "no loittering or drug dealing" I thought that was no brainer..hmm guess I'm wrong!

Sounds like you guys had a great trip! It's great seeing old college friends!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger