Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, April 02, 2007

And Mary is Saying "What the Heck?!"....

All of a sudden this week, Tommy is starting to get a little more verbal. He is now obviously saying "Mama" to me and "Dada" to Matt when he sees us or wants us. He also started saying "Ba" consistently to his ball this past weekend. It is so fun and cute that he has a little voice coming out now! Beyond that, he is doing lots of random sounds and noises that I just think are darn cute. I can't wait to hold a conversation with him...because get a load of this past weekend from "da Luce"...

Loudly at church Sunday morning:
Lucy: "Mom? Why doesn't Jesus have socks on?"
Me: "Well, I don't think they made too many socks back then."

Or for a good laugh, try explaining the "Stations of the Cross" to a 2.5 year old...

Lucy: "Mom? Why did Jesus fall down? Oh man, he fell again!"
Me: "Yeah..he sure is having trouble carrying that cross!"

When Jesus is on the cross and Mary is all sad at the bottom of it:
Lucy: "Mary is saying, "What the heck?!"
Me: "Yeah..she is sad for him!"

When she sees the nail in his hand:
Lucy: "Why does he have that owie on his hand?"
Me: "Well, he has that darn stick stuck to him..."

This morning on our run:
Lucy: "Mom...did you know that you got me new bubbles? You did, Mom! You went all by yourself and I am so proud of you! Can we blow them?"
Me: "Uhh...sure."

Ahhhh...good times and good laughs with these two little wads of fun....

5 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

That kid cracks me up!!!!! I can't wait to hear what she's gonna say next - and what the heck is Tommy gonna tell us??? Maybe we'll finally find out what he's been thinkin' all this time! HA!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

OMG..too funny! She is very observant though...it is good she is questioning things she doesn't understand...but way funny! As they say "kids say the darnest things!"

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny...each time you blog about what comes out of Lucy's mouth or what Tommy is doing, I crack up. I needed that...thanks :)

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

Mary is saying what the heck???

OH Lucy.....she's gonna pass that hilarity right on down to Tommy.

Just wait..you'll have 2 of them before long whipping doozies at you.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger amanda said...

What the heck?! hahahaha! I'm dieing! And you think maybe somebody needs some bubbles in her Easter basket? haha! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger