Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Loving Each Other...

I'm not sure I really shared with people the sheer terror in my body when I found out I was going to have two kids only 21 months apart. It was not part of our "plan" and we, by nature, are the "planning type." There I stood, staring at my 13 month old with two lines on a pregnancy stick...I was shaking and started to cry. I feel like I want to apologize to Tommy as he will someday read this, but it really was my first, honest reaction. On day #1. Over the next 9 months, I started to get used to the idea. The fear was still always in my mind, but I tried to stay calm and practical and take advice (good and bad) and brace myself for all hell to break loose. Tommy came...all hell did not break loose. My 10 hours of sleep a night did stop but come on...who needs it.
It's been the most active, busy and hardest-working year of my life. But it's all been worth it. People ask me now if I could have done it differently, would I have. I say, "No way." It was perfect for us. Lucy was too young to really understand what was going on. Tommy was a dream infant. It was pretty uneventful.
This morning I was driving the kid's home from Lucy's school. I heard them giggling together and turned around to see what was going on. They each had their arms stretched out to each other and they were holding hands and smiling.
Greatest moment #563.

3 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'd smile if I saw that :)

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

okay that really makes me start to rethink the only child idea...
too sweet.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I almost cried just now... I swear it. So sweet. Makes me want to get prego!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger