Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, March 26, 2007

Laughs, Drinks and Eats = Good Times...

The Girl's Weekend was a big success! I did a lot of laughing and relaxing. Those car ride topics did come up, and they didn't bother me too much. Shopping without looking at the watch....Bloody Mary's at 3 p.m....and just hanging out. I made a great mexican dip that everyone raved about. We ate and drank so much that I think I need to drink water and eat lemons all week. I forced people to play games like, "What's Your Favorite." It's sure to bring on a good time. While sharing stories with the girls, I disclosed that I auditioned for Second City when I lived in Chicago with a "head shot" that my friend took of me at my office job. That was a great idea. I wonder why I didn't get in. I also shared that I used to work at The Disney Store at my hometown mall in 1994. Bless my heart in my nude nylons and bobby socks. We were laughing so hard about this at one point that I went into "ugly laugh." Oh you KNOW "ugly laugh"...where you start crying and you can't get it together because you are laughing so hard. So good times...and a very pretty view!




6 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Glad you had a fun weekend! It's nice to get away every once in a while and just have nothing but fun and relax at the same time!

Oh and the view...absolutely georgous!!!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger amanda said...

OH Fun fun fun! I'm glad to hear it was a success! The ugly laugh is good for you... and I swear it burns calories.

Oh, and what an amazing resort...gorgeous - I love that area.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Lucky Gem said...

What a beautiful view! I'm so jealous. It must have been so much fun!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

Very nice...I still want to know where you actually went!

HOW FUN!

You worked at The Disney Store....priceless!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Bay Harbor, 30 miles north of Traverse City. Luxurious!

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend....the view is amzing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger