Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, March 19, 2007

Come Play With Me, Mom!

Tommy had his one-year well-baby appointment this morning. He did great, all is well, he is happy and healthy and on his way. This morning he weighed 22 lbs. 12 ounces. Hemaglobin was normal (Yipee! It was low at 9 months. No blood work this time!). We flipped his car seat yesterday and he is LOVING it! He and Lucy now get to sit side by side and they giggle and pass toys to each other. Ridiculous...
This afternoon, Lucy was napping and he was doing his, "Oh thank the sweet lord that whack job girl is out of here and I can touch everything she tries to take away from me and flail to my heart's desire without getting yelled at" routine. He gets all excited when Matt or I sit on the floor with him. So I plopped down and smiled at him. He saw me, crawled over to his ball, sat down, and proceeded to smile and roll it the ball to me. I rolled it back. And then I realized, this is kind of the first time Tommy has really intiated on his own, "Come play with me, Mom!" and we just started playing together. Anyway, it was really cute and I enjoyed him starting the fun!

In other news...some Lucy antics for your laughter and enjoyment...

At the dinner table the other night...
Lucy: "I don't like cheese!"
Matt: "Why not?"
Lucy: "It makes me angry!"
Matt: "Why does cheese randomly make you angry?"
Lucy: "Because it makes me thirsty."
Because..I mean...who doesn't get furious at the sensation of thirst?

On the swing in our backyard...about 35 degrees and NOT WARM OUTSIDE...
Lucy, out of the blue: "I am not shivering!"
Me: "Okey doke Luce..."
Lucy: "I do not want my hat and gloves..."
Me: "O.k. I won't get them."
Silence...
Lucy: "Umm..can we go inside?"

And the always encouraging words...

Matt brushing his teeth...
"Great brushing, Dad! I'm proud of you!"

Me peeing...
"You are a grown up, Mom!"

This morning on a run...
"You're strong, Mom!"

5 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

too funny, I love the one about the mittens.
Lulu is the opposite and seems to want to wear hers ALL the time-including inside, bath time, bed time...hmmm, maybe I should turn up the heat..

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That girl cracks me up :)

Horray for Tommy on all his accomplishments this week!! :)

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

I'm catching up from last week. HE is too cute for his own good. He's 1!!!!

I love the picture with his cake!

Lucy is a Lucy isn't she. Every Lucy I know is just an absolute riot!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Isn't it cool to see the little guys go through such major changes in a matter of months?! It seems like yesterday Jack could barely put his pacifier in his mouth.

Lucy! She is too funny! Great brushing Dad! Cracks me up!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

We very much identify with the "when big girl is away, little boy likes to wildly play" phenomenon in this household...it's like a new personality emerges! We gotta get these kids together some day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger