Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, March 23, 2007

Big Fat Girl's Weekend!

Tomorrow morning, I hit the road with 10 other girls for a fun weekend in Northern Michigan. This should be hilarious...I am expecting a lot of laughs, since this is the "play group crew" with lots of, ahem, "strong personalities" and people who crack me up on a regular basis by just being "themselves."
I am one of two drivers. Matt is kind enough to prepare "The Party Mobile" today with an oil change, full tank of gas, and third row seat set up. We're taking his work car and, of course, it's a big ole minivan with 6 girls in it. Departure is at 8:01 a.m. and Starbucks is at 8:06 a.m. I am currently anticipating the following hot topics while I giggle in the driver's seat:
1. How cute the designer jeans are at Nordstrom's Rack right now, as I sit in my Mossimo's from Target. I love my Mossimo's damnit.
2. How one girl doesn't like cumin and won't eat the hummus someone is bringing but she knows she isn't normal and most people love hummus, especially girls (real sentence I quote from other night on the phone to me).
3. How one girl hates Starbucks and wants to ALSO go to the local coffee shop on the way to the expressway.
4. Who's sleeping with who in beds Saturday night (who snores, rolls a lot, etc.)
5. Who saw who at the gym talking to whoever this week...
6. Who's house recently sold, is getting work done, etc.
7. How much longer we're in the car...
8. Will we have time to meet the other car for lunch? Where is the other driver and I wonder what they're talking about?
9. What stores are in the town we are visiting?
10. Who's getting spa treatments?
I mean, these are life altering discussions!! Hey, at least I'm not cleaning up a one-year old's puke for 36 hours or being followed around by said one-year-old while he whines "maaammmaaa..." all. day. long. I am just sayin'.

6 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so extremely jealous--I hope you have a great time... be careful. We want a full recap when you return WITH pictures!!! :)

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Woo Hoo! Have a great weekend! Wish I could come too! hahaha!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

HOW FUN!

Where in Michigan exactly are you going?

People say "NORTHERN Michigan" and I think of da UP, eh?

That's what I get for marrying a yuper.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

We are headed to Bay Harbor, about 30 miles north of Traverse City! Yipee!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

Enjoy your well deserved holiday!!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Enjoy your weekend! Sounds like a lot of fun!! Gotta love those life altering conversations!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger