Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, March 11, 2007

And Now, the Unveiling of the New Basement...

Below you will see some before and after photos. We are pretty happy with how it all turned out. We have a half bath, and a ton of space. We are looking for a pull-out couch for guests to sleep and a place for adults to sit.
We had friends over this weekend!
And family!
And many children!
It never felt cramped once!
Space was not an issue!
Everyone seemed to enjoy it!
Lucy loved it the most proclaiming on Saturday morning, "This is the coolest basement! I love it!" Although, she was so in awe of my sister's luxurious long blond hair and glasses that I am not sure she noticed much except for what "E.E." was doing all weekend.
The extra space was much needed and shall now be much enjoyed. Especially this Saturday for our St. Patrick's Day First Birthday Celebration for our Tommy. There will be 26 adults, 11 toddlers and 6 babies and I think we will all fit just fine. Ahhhh....and breathe...










6 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

WOW!!! These are dramatic photos!!
Once you're sitting in the new luxury you start to forget how "plain old basement" the area used to be!!
CONGRATULATIONS and here's to more good times ahead in the cushy new room!

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

OH lovely basement how I covet thee!

AMAZING transformation!

How nice for your get togethers now!

Tommy's 1st b-day!!!!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Looks great! I miss having a basement... and storage space. It is totally unheard of down here to have a basement. Well, more like a really bad idea - they act like big buckets that collect mold. Aahh, the south, gotta love it. Anyway, congratulations to all the fabulous new space! Woo Hoo! And can't wait to hear about the birthday party! Yeah, Tommy!

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!! Looks awesome!! I'm so insanely jealous!! Soon...soon, I will have the same thing and it looks like it will be SO worth the wait.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

Wow...I can honestly say that your basement could well be bigger than our entire apartment. We may just turn up there one day and move in. And I'm warning you, we're persistent people, it'll be hard to get us out of than snazzy space! But we're fun, too, and soon enough you'll get used to us and you'll wonder how you ever got long without your basement lodgers. Hey, that sounds like a good idea for a sitcom! Let's write it up and send it off to the networks...

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

ha ha..."The Basement Lodgers" starring Ray Romano...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger