Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Playgroup Ladies Gone Wild...

Last Saturday night, I was invited to a fondue party at my friend Lisa's house. Lisa is a playgroup friend and she invited all 10 girls (and husbands) for some baby-free entertaining. Well, our little Tommy started acting sick and spiked a fever. Matt offered to stay home while I went down to the party (just a few houses away). So I headed out guilt-free (yeah right!) in my new sweater I was nervous about wearing. Why was I nervous? Because I find I am "style challenged" these days and bought what might be considered a "trendy sweater" at Nordstom's Rack last week that I wasn't sure I could pull off. Because I am 32 and I bought it in the Junior section. Oh yeah, and I sometimes have a poor body image based on my weight in 1996. But my friend Amy inspired me because she pulled it off wonderfully so I thought I should go for it. I digress...
Well, apparently, the thought of a husband leaving on a very long business trip the next day, coupled with drinks with new girlfriends that offer quality conversation not intrupted by crying toddlers made for one hell of an evening! In short, we all got sloshed. Ridiculously, I thought it was a great idea to finish off THREE glasses of wine with TWO cosmos! Bear in mind I have not even had 3 glasses of wine in a row since about 2003 sooo....yeah...it wasn't pretty the next morning. One friend hurled, I had bed spins - we are in our thirties and apparently cannot handle ourselved. Good times...here's some pics!

Sometimes...people look cute in photos and sometimes people think it's fun to stare up the stairs and think they're hilarious. But they aren't.




















































Once again, an inappropriate amount of time spent on the stairs...why..why...

7 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

YEah I totally am hearing you on this one! My friends and I have about 2 times a year..these same exact nights...and the next day..we are thinking WHY do we do this to ourselves?? HAHA oh but WHAT FUN!! I'm glad you had a good time! Nice to get away (even if it was down the road) and be able to enjoy yourself!!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Crazy fun!!! Love the sweater! And the hair... Love it. In fact, I'm totally inspired. Hair appointment next week!! Too funny too... Saturday night is mom's night out with the playgroup mommies!! We're going out... to bars... without babies! What on Earth am I going to wear!?

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

Wow...your neighborhood looks fun and very glamourous--cosmopolitians?!?! Fancy. I'm movin' in.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

Whoops...I mean cosmopoliTANS. I always get those mixed up with Neopolitan ice cream. What can I say...it's all very upmarket for us Flint gals.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Looks like mucho fun!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh, I'm so envious!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger loveball said...

My dream of being mentioned on your blog has become a reality...and let me just say that although I have always thought you were stylish - you rock that sweater, my friend. So glad you friggin' went for it. Your pose by the stairs..well, it's why I love you so. Ridiculous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger