Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, February 26, 2007

Oh the Things He Can Do!

Tommy has been surprising me the past week with the things he can do. Of course it doesn't help that I am starting to plan his 1st birthday party and I feel like it's been the fastest year of my life. But seriously, this kid is becoming a little boy.
Two nights ago, we were playing "peekaboo" and for the first time, he started putting his blanket over his head and hiding all on his own! Then he would pull it down and laugh.
He is becoming a crazy waver. If I wave at him, no matter where we are or what we are doing, he'll usually stop, smile and wave back (or at least flop his arm to try)!
He has started enjoying putting things IN to boxes and containers. This morning at a play group thing I attend on some Monday mornings, he was sitting there furiously putting these blocks into a box. He just looked like a big boy doing it.
Lastly (and in my opinion, the biggest one of all), I was helping him eat yogurt at lunch today. I would hand him the spoon and he put it in his mouth all by himself! Lucy and I cheered. Then, I asked for it back and he actually HANDED it back to me! I thought that was pretty cool.
The kid only says "Mama" right now, but that was proof that his receptive language is pretty big at the moment. But how can it NOT be with crazy Lucy flapping her gums in his face all day long?!
Fun! Fun with the Tomma shamma!

4 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

These little milestones make life worth living.

Casey's "thing" lately is the body parts.

Right now if I'm holding her and say "Head" she tries to headbutt me...

LOL.

Go Tommy!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Go Tommy Go! I love the waving... Jack is doing it too. I can't believe Tommy is feeding himself and giving the spoon back! Big Boy! Jack likes to sneak it away from me and fling the food - then of course never return the spoon again! Haha

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Tommy!! Morgan likes to put things in boxes/containers and giggles when she dumps them out and can start again. It's so simple...but, so awesome to watch :)

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

Wow, he's really heading towards the "toddler" category! Paddy likes to use the spoon himself, too, and as I write this I can see spaghetti sauce flecks on the wall...better wash that off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger