Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Moments to Remember...

I have been working on compiling a list of what I think of as the absolute most memorable, impressionable and greatest moments of my life, in no particular order. Just thought the kids might find it interesting some day.

Our family trip to Disney World when I was 8 years old - 1982
Everything was completely magical. I still remember crying as we took the boat back to our resort..staring at the sparkly Magic Kingdom as we drove away for the last time.

Winning the State Championship in Girl's Basketball - Dec. 7, 1991
And really, the process it took to get there. Everyone should get to win a State championship to feel how exciting and rewarding it is!

Our Wedding Day - August 26, 2000
After all the planning, it was just a really fun day with family and friends from all aspects of our lives. I wish I could relive that day again.

The births of both kids - 6/6/04 and 3/17/06
I seriously loved giving birth. My friends think I am nuts but it was fun! So exciting to see who these little ones were. Plus I was blessed with pretty easy labors, which helps.

All of the James Taylor concerts I have attended
I am just saying..he is my favorite and sounds perfect in concert.

Our night at McGann's Pub in Doolin, Ireland - March 2003
We stumbled upon this place. Live music, locals all around, friendly people, good times. Matt and I walked out of there, looked at each other and said at the same time, "Yeah...coolest night ever."

My first trip to Colorado to visit Matt - January 1998
This was the trip where everything seemed to become really clear. I could see my future ahead of me.

My hike on the Na Pali coastline in Kawaii (our honeymoon) - September 2000
We couldn't believe we were there AND at the top of the 8 mile trek, there was a huge waterfall.

My one and only white water rafting trip on the Arkansas River - Summer, 2001
I have never laughed so hard in my life. The perfect balance of fear and fun.

4 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent memories...I'm SO jealous of the Ireland trip :)

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

Go Lady Chargers! Not only for winning the state championship, but also for being the Most Likely to Get Out of Class! Doolin is a great place...you should pay a visit there again and then drop into us in Dublin!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Absolutely! When we go back, a visit to your house is in the plans. :) And, I can't believe you remember the ridiculous mock award. Maybe Becky still brags about it? ha ha...

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I freaking LOVE James Taylor. He always sounds the same...perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger