Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A List Shall Do Today...

Just like my mind this week, I am thinking of many random things. Therefore, I shall go listy on ya'll...

1. I have a hard time enjoying the Oscars when I never go to movies anymore. I am too cheap to hire a babysitter for 4 hours in a row ($40 before we even leave the house? Sorry!). The only movie I saw was Little Miss Sunshine. I enjoyed it, but have a hard time believing that Alan Arkin was the best supporting actor performance this year. What I did enjoy: Ellen. She is the best...in fact, she is moving in on my love for Oprah.

2. Speaking of Oprah, I watched her special Monday night about building her school in Africa. I have been discussing with people the topic of Oprah's intentions. A lot of people ask, "Why Africa and not our own country?" To that I say, everyone needs help. She gets to make her choice as to where to put her money and efforts without being criticized. Others say, "Why does she have to do a t.v. special about it? She is so self-promoting." To that I say, I believe she puts it out there because she wants others to be inspired by her work and find something (big or small) that they can do to help others. She inspired me! And by the way, the woman has been working tirelessly on this for 5 years and has done one one-hour t.v. special about it. It's not like she's shouting from the roof tops for god's sake.

3. Lucy had "Dad's Night" at her school last night. I was trying to explain to her how the evening was gonna roll out in the car earlier in the day. I said, "There's going to be a party at school tonight and only kids and their Daddys get to go!" and she replied, "Cause Daddy is my Valentine guy?!" Come on with the cuteness...killin' me.

4. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I am seriously so confused about that topic and have no idea what direction I want to go in. I feel like I sort of have to figure that out sooner than later. It's a tinge stressful to think about. I have had a few friends tell me that they think my strength lies relating to little kids. I took it as a great compliment, as they commented that I seem to have a way with them, more than the average person. I feel the same way but am not sure what to do with it. Teaching programs are so all-encompassing and lengthy to plow through. Not sure I am that committed. Maybe I'll just open a home day care at my house with my soon-to-be finished basement! HA HA! LIKE THAT IS HAPPENING!

5. Speaking of finished basements, aren't you proud of me? I have been soooo subdued about this project! You would never know that for the past 3 weeks, my entire downstairs has been demolished, whacked on daily during naptimes, and dry walled to death. I have not mentioned that the workers give me the creeps and usually don't take their shoes off when they come upstairs. I haven't mentioned that I have to wipe their pee off my toilet and listen to Motley Crue in my family room while they talk about their "Gig in Houston where they will be makin' the sweet Moola." So yeah...it's almost done. Fire up for before and after pics next week!

6 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I love the lists! Listy! I love it!! Ok, so as far as growing up... I almost finished a degree in teaching at GV and when I did my student teaching there were several moms that worked at the schools as teaching assistants. Ever considered? I'm sure the pay is crap... if there is pay! But, hey, do what you love, right? I'm with you on the babysitter thing. If gma and gpa can't then forget about it. LOVE the creepy workers story. hahaha! OH! And thanks for the tip on the cupcake holder... I was seriously planning a trip there TOMORROW!! Nuts.

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, love being listy :) As for growing up...I'm almost at the end of my twenties and have NO idea what I want to do when I get big. I have no problems wiping baby pee..big people pee? Yeah, that's gross. Want me to send Clorox??

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

I love your list.
I feel the same about the Oscars and going to movies in general these days.
We barely rent dvd's anymore.
As for he creepy workmen in your basement..hilarious.
well maybe not hilarious to you, but boy can I relate.
so glad all our renos are 95% finished.
Just waiting on the carpet install and new roof and no more stinky dudes peeing all over our toilet...
I'm sure it will all look great when it's done though.
thanks for your comment and I'm glad I found your blog, it's really funny.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

I love lists.

I could have written #4 myself. I'm 34 and have absolutely NO clue what to do with the rest of my life.

None. It's kinda embarrasing.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Who says you have to know what you're gonna be when you grow up?

I agree with you on the Oscars. Most of those movies I've never heard of before the Oscar nominations are announced! I did see Pursuit of Happyness and I was a great movie!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

OMG..the whole ..Oprah thing...I watched that a while ago...and I was wondering the same thing. I realize that no matter where she builds the school it is helping people but your right..what is wrong with right here in the US? There are so many POOR school districts out there that could so use her help..I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger