Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Just a Little Refresher!

It's funny, this motherhood thing. I sometimes get tired and complain about how crazy and hectic the days are. I get burnt out occasionally (especially in the winter) and lose steam. Some days, I want to just tell everyone I am going to bed for 12 hours. However, it is amazing what a little refresher can do for you.
I headed out on Friday night to visit with some college girlfriends and to catch up on our scrapbooks. Yes, it's true. I am a closet scrapper. I am trying to wrap up Tommy's baby book. So I was gone from Friday night to Sunday morning. It was WONDERFUL to get the break. I never really do anything just for ME. It seems like whenever I leave the kids, it's because I have to go to the dentist or something that just isn't "kid friendly." While all that is fine and good, it felt good to go do something that was just for me. And while I had the best time laughing with my girlfriends, I have to admit by Sunday morning, I was so excited and refreshed and ready to see the kiddos. In fact, it was bizarre to actually sit in one place for a few hours. I haven't done that in years! With the 3 of us girls, there are 7 kids between us, so we were all feeling the same way. When I got home, it was so fun to see their faces light up when I walked in the room! Lucy and I went to the store together and it was so fun. It was just a nice family day. I was surprised how little time I really needed to get "refreshed" and be back in action. I don't think I would enjoy being gone for more than a couple nights at this point, but this was a perfect trip! It was also nice to hear from Matt when I returned, "This just reinforced even more how you soooo have the harder job. I don't know how you do it every day." :)

1 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Glad to hear that you were able to get some fun time with your friends... and the time to get caught up on the scrapbooking. I'm still trying to figure out when I'm going to get that done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger