Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, February 12, 2007

Imaginary This, Billy!

I was a journalism major in college and have done a lot of proofreading and editing in my professional life. This bothers some of my friends because I have been known to correct people's english and incorrect spelling. My sister and I love to find mistakes on food labels, signs, etc. and laugh at the stupidity of other's poor writing skills. This is obnoxious, I know.
I have this Taebo video I have been doing out of sheer desperation for exercise in 10 degree temps and a treadmill now moved to the garage because we are getting our basement finished. About halfway through the video, Billy Blanks says, "Now imaginary this.." to describe how to do a move of some sort.
"Imaginary this"??!! What the heck? Wasn't there someone at the shoot saying, "Hey Billy..that makes no sense! You sound like a three year old!" or perhaps an editor of the video saying, "Let's cut out that part where Billy says "Imaginary this!". I am just saying...I laugh every time.
That's right..I laugh at poor english. I am offically a complete dork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger