Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Here's a Handy Tip...

When you have been sweating your butt off trying to get kids in and out of cars in minus 20 degrees, just to get a break from the four walls you have been stuck in for 48 hours...don't take them to the grocery store without a list and a plan. And nothing to contain the 2.5 year old with. And then, when they walk around for 20 minutes and you tell the 2.5 year old she gets a "treat" for being good, don't enter Rite Aid, cruise the Valentine's Day crap aisle, and buy her a Dora lip gloss bracelet. Because then, the bracelet portion will break before you leave the store and the 2.5 year old will be sad. Then, you will realize that the "gloss" is not sheer but, in fact, a creepy bright pink. That stains. Everything. Then, they will dig their little fingers into it and wipe it all over their new shirt from Old Navy and their winter coat. And the car seat.
And you will think to yourself..why...why..why...

1 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger