Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Renewed Year or Stressful Beginnings?

I hate to say it, but I am already starting the new year feeling pretty overwhelmed by everything we have going on. Usually, the best way for me to cope with that is to just look at it as one day at a time, which I am trying to do. Most of my anxiety stems from how much Matt will be traveling for work this month and the hecticness that will bring for us all. It doesn't help that I signed both kids up for 6 swim classes this month, thinking we'd each be able to take a child and it would be swell for all. Instead, it will involve ME in an inappropriate bathing suit, ME sweating in the locker room dressing and undressing children, ME taking both kids to back to back classes, ME walking out of the pool as a raisin at the end of the night, and ME managing both kids to bed. Other than that, it will be great.
It also didn't help that Lucy decided to be something special today. She enjoyed bopping her brother on the head and "boxing him out" for toys, which resulted in 3 time outs to her room in 30 minutes. Then, she had a pee accident (which at this point - is RARE) and also was furious she couldn't "take one pear to night night" after I explained we were all done with lunch.
And now, because I don't enjoy driving down Negative Lane, I will share a cute story. Lucy slobbered food on her fuzzy pink sweatshirt this morning so I took it off of her at nap time and put on another equally enjoyable fuzzy pink sweater. When I told her I would stain stick the shirt and clean it for her, she said, "AND I WILL BE SO HAPPY WHEN IT IS CLEAN AND I WILL YELL OUT MERRY CHRISTMAS!" as she looked up to the sky in joy.
All right...damn children..it's all worth it.

5 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger 3carnations said...

I love things like that (the stain stick story). I love the joy that such small things bring children. My son got several new shirts for Christmas, and he adores each one. Each day that he has worn one he says "Oooh! A brand new shirt. Another brand new shirt for tomorrow?"

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

ha ha...and they say kids don't like clothes for Christmas!

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!! Hahaha!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

....And God Bless Us Every One!

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck at swim classes. I drag both kids to gymnastics, but it's worth it!

Funny stories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger