Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Problem Solving by a Two-Year Old

The push and pull of parenting..been really feeling it today. Lucy has been giving me a run for my money the past 2 days. Hasn't done that in a while and I forgot how hard those "2-year old" days can be. We wrestled to get her into underwear, pants, coat and boots for our run today. By the time I had Tommy in his bunting and out the door, she was all calm and happy in her stroller. I was sweating from head to two and about to lose it. Just a moment I guess. But yuck...
As we walked past the local ice cream shop, Lucy asked:
"Can we go to the ice cream shop, Mom?"
"Sorry Luce..they are closed until March 1st. That's a while from now."
"Can we open it?"
"No..the workers have left. I wish we could open it."
A few moments go by...
"Maybe kids can open it!"
"I wish kids could open it...it sounds tasty."
A few more moments...
"Well, I have some keys in my princess purse."
"Great idea, but I don't think those work here."
"Oh."

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, you shoulda tried them out... ice cream sounds pretty darn good right now! HAHA! Too Funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger