Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Operation Firm Up...

Since I live in Michigan, I was lucky I was able to run outside until early January. We have had an unusually warm winter, until last week hit. Now it's back to the normal gloomy, cold, snowy and cloudy Michigan winter. That means back down to the lame-o basement for treadmill city. However, fear not! I am recommitting to FIRMING UP for summer 2007! I have been a cardio junkie the past 10 months since having Tommy, and it's about time I start doing weights, sit ups, push ups and various ab strengtheners. I think it will be the only way I can get the loose skin to firm up a tad. I went to a boot camp aerobics class with my friend last Friday, and kind of stole some moves from the instructor I am doing along with the treadmill. I am also doing "bursts" on the treadmill, like really high inclines and walking/running/sprinting combos. I also dusted off my old Taebo video from 1999 and did that workout the other morning. I was really sore by evening so that must be a sign that I am shaking things up! So perhaps, by changing it up and using different muscle groups every day, it will help me get firm. I don't know if the "post-baby extra belly skin" ever really goes away, but I am motivated to try and see if it can happen.
I'm not quite sure why I am writing about this, but I think just putting it out there will help me feel more accountable to this new commitment!!

4 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

Mmmm..."boot camp aerobics" vs. Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies...is this a difficult choice?

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

You do the lame-o aerobics so you can EAT the cookies! ha ha...and it's oatmeal so it's healthy, riiight?

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Good for you! I too go through "bursts" of energy...but that is for right now all they are, "bursts"! Seems like your well on your way! Keep up the good work!

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on this one! And the belly skin... AGHHH! But I have to say it has gotten much better. I go back and forth from playing with JZ while he is practicing his crawling to crunches... good way to get in quite a few throughout the day!! Oh, and the other day I watched two teeny boppers (at the gym) do sprints - 2 min at level 10 speed then 30 sec rests!!! I don't think I can go any faster than 5.5!! Crazy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger