Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Note of History and Cleaning House...

I have tried to not be real specific about where I am located, to avoid creeplors and all. But I have to mention, for history sake and for my kid's journal records, that President Gerald Ford is being buried about 4 blocks from my house this morning. We can't get in or out of the streets around me until 4 p.m. today, due to secret service and the funeral processional passing by. Unfortunately, I will have 2 sleeping children (hopefully) during the procession, so I will have to miss it.
In other news, I have found the joys of Craig's List! In preparation of our basement project next month, we have been cleaning out everything and organizing what we are and are not keeping. Since we know we are done creating humans, it is nice to get some of the early baby stuff out of here. I am currently trying to sell my infant car seats and bases and also the boppy/toy attachment. I have sold my baby swing and Johnny Jumper on there already. It's a real nice option and a great way to get the stuff out of here and make a little cash on the side. It's also better than ebay in that it's all local pick up so you don't have to deal with any shipping issues, plus there is no listing fee. Of course, you don't have the audience that ebay has but it is still working out. My motivation is to buy new running shoes because my current pair is sad..sad...sad...I won't even describe what I am running in right now because it is embarrasing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger