Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Laid to Bed and Moving On...

You probably remember me sharing in mid-October, with fuzzy details, that Matt lost his job out of the clear blue sky. And they dropped medical that very day. And no severance package at all. And they refused to pay him his bonus money due to him from the previous 6 months work. Yeah..good times. Sweet company. Needless to say, October/November 2006 was a wild one for our family.
Of course, Matt rocked the house and got a great new job that he is enjoying and is now, in retrospect, grateful for the change. As expected, it is a much better move for our family and a great new challenge for him. However, for months we were still dealing with the old company and trying to fight for his money. Dealing with lawyers, Department of Labor, etc. It was draining and annoying to be using our energy towards things that were just plain owed to us by law.
And then...a check arrived yesterday! They finally paid him what they owed him. No more dealing with lawyers, crappy companies, whack jobs, etc. We are done! The good guy CAN finish first! The world is fair when people do everything right (sometimes)! And I also have to give a shout out to the Department of Labor and Wages. They fought for our money like crazy and had wonderful customer service. They got further than a lawyer did and I highly recommend your state's Department of Labor if you find yourself in a bad work situation.
So let us breathe and move on and say "Whoooo!" It's over!!

3 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

And they all lived happily ever after.....YAAAAHHHHHOOOOO!!!!!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I'm so glad it worked out for you. A similar thing happened to my husband a few years ago and we just finally had to give up. Good for you guys for fighting the good fight. :)

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger loveball said...

Way to stick it to the MAN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger