Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It Never Fails...

Whenever Matt goes on a trip, it seems things always "happen."
One year, when he headed off to deer camp for a week, the pipes clogged up and I had to have creepy RotoRooter guy out here. Another year, we had a landscape project go terribly, terribly wrong and I was yelling at ridic worker dudes in my front yard smoking the chronic and eating Taco Bell while we paid for their services. Other times, Lucy seems to always do something wacko and out of character for me to deal with. Or, the computer stops working. Or, the laundry machine stops working. You get the picture.
This week, my cross to bear is a sicko Tommy. Poor little guy. Off and on fever, lethargic, needy and overall miserable. Oh and yesterday, the fax machine wasn't working, and the only 20 minutes I had to myself was spent talking to someone at Dell. And the upstairs TV started acting up Sunday night. And Lucy yelled at 10 p.m. for me the last two nights and wouldn't settle down for bed. Randomness. Oh yeah, and she pooped out of the side of her pull-up yesterday during nap. Poop on floor, carpet, bed, her, etc. Multiple baths. Lots of snot. Good times....
It's interesting how your perspective changes. Last week I was all, "Oh Matt, we will sure miss you!" Today it's, "Let's pray to the sweet lord no one else poops, hurls or something breaks today. I just can't do one more bath." Good times.

2 Comments:

At 5:17 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

I can relate to everything you said! Hope you get some support soon...and more than 20 minutes to yourself today!

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny!! Smoking the Chronic... taco bell! haha! I can sooo relate... why doesn't this stuff ever happen to the guys??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger