Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, January 15, 2007

The Boy's Booty....

Tommy has had a rough week. We thought he had a cold (runny nose) but it never developed into anything else. Then, he started pooping. And pooping. Poor little guy started going 6 times a day! It was impossible to keep up with the action down there so inevitably, he got a VERY bad diaper rash. It was so bad, I let him flail around the family room naked with pee flying - anything to make it better. Everyone was telling me it was teeth so we just kept waiting and wondering...and then, yesterday afternoon, Matt stuck his finger in his lower gums and THERE WAS A SHARP TOOTH POKING OUT! Halleluiah..the kid is 10 months old and he's got one!
Another great thing I have to make note of, is that he is LOVING saying Mama. Now, when he wakes up in his crib..he likes to stand up and call out for me. Then, when I walk in, he starts flailing his arms everywhere in joy, due to my appearance.
Lucy just keeps becoming a bigger and bigger girl. Makes me sad but proud. The things that fly out of her mouth kill me on an hourly basis. Last night, she proceeded to tell me her full name and then made a song up about her name and her brother Tommy on the guitar. I mean, full on strumming and song-making-up action. Tonight I head out to my first preschool registration night. From the sounds of it, it's going to be nutty! People waiting in line for hours, etc. How obnoxious. I am not buying into it and only getting there slightly early. The more I dig at moms for their thoughts (because I am obnoxious and like to ask them what their deal is so it makes them stop and think), the more I find out there is no real reason or thought process behind "the preschool sign up frenzy." It's all a bunch of hype.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Tommy!! Woo Hoo on the tooth and the Mama talking! Isn't Mama the best word ever?! Doesn't teething totally stink? I feel so bad for the poor kid. Glad to hear everything is going well otherwise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger