Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, January 05, 2007

And Then There are the Good Days...

Ahh the life of parenting a two-year old...just when you are ready to make yourself a martini at 9 a.m., a morning like today occurs.

The Scene: Playgroup at my house. 6 adults (I think), 8 kids (I think). Donut holes and grapes. Kids flailing. The Elefun game (if you don't have it, try it!). Everyone in Lucy's new dress up clothes. Kids grabbing items in the COVETED play house from Santa!

Lucy = happy as a clam and not one issue about sharing. TOLD ME SHE HAD TO POOP in the middle of the chaos and peed on the potty 3 more times!

Tommy = flailing around the house with his walking cart. Happy dude and then went to sleep towards the end of it.

Me = sweating (as usual) but that is not a bad thing. Ever since having Tommy, I am constantly sweaty. It is creepy but true. I also had fun.

I know I say this all the time and it's probably getting annoying but I am really proud of this play group we have formed. Lots of cool girls. We are branching out beyond Fridays, as well, and that is really fun. But can you BELIEVE LUCE?? All I could do is sing a made-up "Proud of You!" song at nap time. She was butt happy. Happy Friday!

3 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger 3carnations said...

While we don't get the chance to participate in playgroups, I love the one on one gatherings my son gets to have with his daycare buddies. We try to do something with one of his friends at least every other week, because he just loves it!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

Wow! Luce was amazing to be sharing with all those kids -especially her newest coveted items!! Proud of her too!!!!!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger loveball said...

who are you kidding, lady? you know you enjoyed playgroup because you DID fix yourself a few of those martini's in the a.m.!

p.s. Lucy and Tommy are my new best friends. I know this because Lucy high fived me after her visit to the potty chair and Tommy stuck to me like glue. They are always this charming you say? Whatev..I'm totally their new favorite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger