Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Preserving the Craziness...

What is wrong with me? It is 5:46 a.m. and I am UP with NO CHILDREN! I am up VOLUNTARILY!! I am nuts...I think my body is so used to waking up at 5 a.m. for so many months now, that sometimes I just can't go back to sleep.
On a side note: If you were wondering (after all my complaining) how Tommy is asleep at 5:46 a.m., we've been giving him a bottle in his room when he wakes up at 5 a.m. and he's been GOING BACK TO SLEEP! Sometimes to 6 a.m. but on a few mornings to 7 a.m! I will worry about weaning that bottle later..I am just freakin' happy he is not wide awake at 5:01 a.m...baby steps.
Plus I lie in bed and start thinking about my "to do" list and all the things I could accomplish before everyone gets up, so I get up. And by "things I could accomplish" I mean "Watch TiVo'd Ellen DeGeneres show, drink coffee, eat a chocolate chip cookie and read blogs." Important stuff.
I have been reading blogs and thinking about how lucky all these babies will be down the road because it is so much easier to record and journal and blog and take photos of their every move. "Back in the day" (1974- ha!), you were lucky if your mom jotted down a few memories, took some photos that aren't starting to peel away and yellow by now, and you'd have to be RICH to have had a video camcorder. If you did, it was the kind your Dad had to rest on his shoulders. Now, my kids will get to watch our entire wedding, their births (minus crotch shots, thank you), snippets of their first year of life, etc. etc...now great is that?
I would have loved to have seen my parent's wedding on film, or the nurses cleaning me off immediately upon delivery into the world. I am also a dorky scrapbooker that does a decent baby book, plus creates one for each child's first year of life (I am caught up to Tommy at 3 months...and am fired up for scrapbook weekend Feb. 2007 girls!!). Plus, I am looking for any good ideas anyone has on preserving these blog posts. I could simply print them out every 6 months or so, and keep them in a binder or something. Anyone have any good ideas beyond that?

4 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok ok ok... so I'm sitting here agreeing. Cookies for breakfast, me too, watching Tivo'd/DVR'd daytime shows at all hours of the day/night, me too. Then scrapbooking... me too... a little bit behind I must admit. I also happen to be coming to MI in Feb 2007 for a scrapbooking weekend. You wouldn't happen to be going to some sort of cabin/lodge thingie for the weekend, would you??

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Are you talking about that scrapbook bed and breakfast near Ann Arbor? We looked into going there but were all too cheap to do it (ha!), so we are just going to a hotel suite in Lansing by good restaurants. :) Dork central!!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

What's with the "new girl" pushing a money making venture??????? I'm not falling for her tricks!

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny. Wouldn't that've been weird if we were at the same place. Anyway, I'm a newbie and have no idea how to work all the tools and stuff so mine always come out looking totally dumb. But, I'm sure he won't care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger