Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Happy 2 1/2 Birthday Lucy!!!

Today, Lucy is officially 2 1/2 years old. I can't believe another 6 month span has flown by since her birthday this past summer. I also can't believe that this little girl has only been in our life for 2.5 years, yet it's hard to remember life without her existing. I remember very well her 1st Christmas when she was 6 months old and how cute and happy she was. She sat in her saucer while we openend gifts and was sooo dang adorable. Then, last year, at 18 months, liking all the fun and activity around her, but still not getting what was really going on. I think this will be our most fun Christmas yet - with her love for Santa, Jesus, Nativities, Christmas songs, the Christmas tree and decorations. She really seems to "get it" this year, which makes it so fun!!
I could write a post about my terrible morning at the dermatologist yesterday, or the fact that Tommy cried from 3-4 a.m. for no reason last night, or that we are gearing up for full-on potty training this weekend, or that Tommy is now babbling "da da da..." and it is soooo cute. Instead, I'll leave you with a little comment from da Luce last night. I made her macaroni and cheese and spinach (yes, she eats it!) and was feeding Tommy his food while she ate in her booster seat. She looked at me and out of the blue said most sincerely,
"Thanks for making this for me, Mom."
I almost cried. She is the greatest. Happy 1/2 birthday little girl!!

5 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

Some of the happiest 2.5 years I've ever had - thanks my Lucy!!! I love you!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

ha ha...you wish-a!!!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger 3carnations said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger 3carnations said...

That's very sweet. My son (who also turned two and a half this week) says sweet things like that to melt my heart. Yesterday when we got home from daycare he announced "I want to snuggle."

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

Don't say plg - it makes me too gdsad!! (and you know WHY!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger