Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Day for Updates...

Operation Potty Training: Going very well! Biggies over the past two days include 2 mornings OUT where she kept her pull-up completely dry and peed in a public potty! Then, about 30 minutes ago, she finished a poop in the potty. Meaning, she started..I caught her..and she wrapped it up on the potty. Not bad...not bad...
No pee accidents in 3 days at all and her first poop potty. Since we started Thursday night, I think that is pretty damn good. Hard work...more sweating and time consuming than I would enjoy...but happening!
Don't you love what my life has become and what I will write about these days?
Tomma Report: He has a cold and is a PLG (Poor Little Guy). He had his 9 month doc appointment yesterday and was real good - except his iron was down just a tiny bit on the office test so I had to take him to get blood drawn!! Ahhhh! I had to sit with him while the lab tech tried to find a vein through his chubby little arm. PLG TO THE MAX! He just looked up at the lady all innocent, suckling his paci, not knowing what was supposed to happen. Then, the lady couldn't GET A VEIN started so she had to move to the other adorable chubby little arm! POOOOR TOMMA! So they got one on the other side and he only cried and squirmed for a second. Yuck...on a day where he wasn't supposed to get any shots at all!!! Oh well...we all survived. But Poor Tommy.
Random side note: I think it's true what they say about handling blood when it's your child. I am a complete and total wimp around any blood but there have been two incidents this week where I have been around the kid's blood (Lucy fell and bit her tongue the other night) and not freaked out or gotten ill. Weird....

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

Well done to Lucy! The poop is definately more difficult than the pee. We are having a similar experience here...but I need to follow your lead and just jump into it. You're right, though, it is more work than just slapping a diaper on. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger