Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, November 03, 2006

Total Party at my Crib, Peeps!

Whenever I put Tommy down for a nap in his crib, he is usually pretty groggy. I sing "Twinkle, Twinkle" to him, rock him a little and then lay him down. He sometimes has his eyes shut or at half-mast and I will think he's totally out. But all of a sudden, his head will hit the crib sheet and his eyes pop open. You would think he is furious..but instead, he is BUTT HAPPY. He will start smiling and laughing and kicking his legs. I will laugh at him and kiss his head and hold his hand for a second and he is in pure heaven for some unknown reason. Of course, three seconds after leaving the room he will cry for a minute or so, but all I can summarize is that the kid already LOVES his crib. Now if we could only get him to love it past 5 a.m....perhaps I would smile and kick with glee when the clock said 7 a.m. with no wake ups!

4 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

ha ha...NO SENSE! But RANDOMLY, I was telling the girls at play group that VERY STORY of Jem and how you thought you maybe won by, this VERY MORNING! How bizarre is that??!! How does that come up by the two of us on the same morning, and I haven't even thought of it in forever?! NO SENSE!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

Well....only The Mom knows for sure!!!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger loveball said...

Oh, I distinctivly remember the Jem Theme Song Contest story..Sarah running downstairs to the basement and singing her heart out and winning a stereo I think? haha..you crazy sisters.

Sarah, your kids are out of control cute. Every story is so freaking precious.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger amanda said...

You two are hilarious... I swear sometimes I like your comments as much as your posts. JZ is the same way about his crib. THE place to be.
AZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger