Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, November 27, 2006

The Reason for the Season...

So the holiday season is in full swing at our house. Lights are outside, tree is up and decorated, as well as the rest of the house, and Christmas music is being played throughout the day. It would be an understatement to say that Lucy LOOOVVEEESS it all! Comments include, "Isn't the tree pretty, mom?" "Oh..look at that decoration Mom! That was a good choice!" and of course, "No holding it...just looking at it, Mom. That's for Christmas." But one thing I did not anticipate:
Her love of Nativities.
When you really think about it, a Nativity really looks like a doll house. You have the stable (house), Jesus (baby) Mary (momma) and Joseph (daddy). Throw in some farm animals and a shepherd or two and you have yourself some exciting play time!
She has the Little People Nativity. It is in HIGH ROTATION right now. She pushes the angel and dances around the room while I sing an obnoxious high pitch version of "Away in a Manger." She and Tommy laugh while Matt's eye twitches. I love it.
Today, my mom took Lucy to a life-size Nativity at a church down the road. They sat there for a long time. Like at least 30 minutes. The church worker came out to check on them.
The girl loves herself some Nativity action.

2 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

...We're talking the happiest girl I've ever seen in my life - hugging Mary and staring up at her with eyes shining with love...and bending over Jesus and sweetly saying, "Hi Cutie!". The kid LOVES the whole nativity get-up...."Jesus has his whole family here! And the cow is so cute...and the donkey has big fuzzy ears...and the sheep is all cozy" And THEN: "We're in Bethlehem..." Who says that at 2 and a half???? This kid really takes "season of joy" to heart!!!

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe I haven't commented on this sooner... ok, so I used to be the same way with the nativities. My grandma had like 30 of these little plastic glow in the dark baby Jesuses... don't ask me why because I haven't a clue. Anyway, I was obsessed with them. Always swaddling them and putting them in a home made cradle. Love meema's comment!! Can't believe some of the stuff this kid comes up with...Hi Cutie!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger