Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Post-Turkey Stream of Thoughts...

1. Thanksgiving was really nice...the kids travelled WELL to Grammy's and I think Lucy has made a turn in the travel department. She watched Cinderella on the way there, and stayed quiet while Tommy slept. My head didn't explode and I actually think I may have fallen asleep for 5 seconds myself. Halleluah!
2. WHY do I get so anxious afer Thanksgiving, thinking about all the things I have to do to prep for the holiday season? It propels me to get it done, yet it keeps my mind spinning at the same time. Cards, gifts, decor, tree, lights, plans! Ahhh!
3. I have noticed within the last month or two, that something has "clicked" with Lucy developmentally (besides her new obsession of counting her fingers). She is more tolerant in restaurants, good in stores, and not so painful in her car seat. Perhaps as she turns 2 and a half years old next week, she has developed just a little more patience. She came out of the womb hating her car seat and not wanting to sit in a high chair for more than 15 minutes at a time. This new development, my friends, is a GOOD THING.
4. Tommy is officially crawling! As expected with chill boy, he only does it when he feels like it. He isn't all "gung ho" about it like many kids I know. But Tomma isn't like any kid I know...he is the one and only Tomma Shamma Lamma and he will roll, crawl or scoot his way to where he wants, when he wants, or not. And no one minds, especially him.
5. I am realizing I get stressed when I can't "home base" it with the kids for multiple days in a row. I like to get home at night, unpack, unload, sleep in my own bed, etc. When I can't do that, it makes me anxious. I guess it's because I have dirty bottles in garbage bags, clothes flailing every which way, things in odd places, etc. The Type A person in me just can't take it. I always knew this about myself, but it was really made apparent over the weekend with all our traveling. It took me 3 hours to get us ready to go to my mom's yesterday, and 45 minutes to unpack at night when we arrived home. Ahhh kids...you would have looked in our car and thought we were leaving for Disneyworld, instead of 15 minutes down the road. Ridic.

2 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

...And we APPRECIATED the effort it took to spend some seasonal festivities together!! Especially knowing that your whole family household was chugging along on only abut 3 hours sleep!!! Falalalalala...

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Amy W said...

I hope you knocked on some wood after you wrote about your daughter's change in behavior! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger