Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, October 20, 2006

Word of Advice...

When you go to your kid's first school event and you are meeting new families and teachers and walking around with your kid while she gets her face painted and an animal balloon and you try to look cute and wear real shoes to the event (it's been so long, Lucy said to me, "No exercising shoes, mom?") and you are walking around for 2 hours and sometimes your crotch is at eye level because people are sitting and you are standing, and just as you are about to leave, your friend's mother turns to you and says, "Your fly's down."......don't have that happen, okay?

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger loveball said...

good advice..good advice..but seriously, even with your fly down you know you were the coolest mom up in that joint.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Ok ok ok, so I thought about commenting on the fly situation... but had to comment on the new look. I was so shocked that I thought I had the wrong address. So, I definitely watch the office too but didn't want to make my list look to long and then come off like all I do is sit around and watch TV... even though that is pretty much what I'm doing after Jack goes to bed. Also! I almost put in a section about what we're eating! Too funny. I was on a kick eating South Beach Diet cookies and cool whip - de.lish. Anyway, sorry for the novel. Loving the updates.
AZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger