Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Warning: I am Driving on Negative Lane Today

It's week two since our lives suddenly turned upside down. I am finding I just walk around with constant nervousness and a stomach ache. I get some respite when I am doing something distracting with the kids, running or sleeping - but it's pretty much on my mind 24/7. How and when will we be back to "normal" again? I am trying to get over the anger. I am not real good at getting rid of it when I feel I have been unfairly "wronged".
I was supposed to go to Chicago this weekend (baby free) and see my college girlfriend who is due to have a baby in a month. I have cancelled that trip because of all of this. Matt was supposed to go on a trip he has cancelled. I do all that positive self-talk...I say all those things to myself all day long. I am trying to keep a smile on my face and laugh about it with friends, because no one really wants to hear, "Actually, I am scared and stressed and have no idea when things will be better."
I suppose one day, if the kids are struggling with something, they'll like to see what we went through as well. And hopefully, they'll see how faith and hard work got us back to where we are headed. This too shall pass...everyone is healthy...in a year we will have forgotten all about it...we will be better off on the other side...everything happens for a reason...I won't have to get my family dollar store presents for Christmas. :)

2 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

...actually, there are some really SWELL things you can get at the Dollar Store! {Where do you think YOUR Christmas presents from your parents come from?????????????? HAHAHAHAHA!}

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I'm sorry. I know that stress all too well. It can be totally overwhelming. Distractions are key. And funny kids too. And well, Lucy - hilarious.
AZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger