Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

She likes me! She really likes me!

Since Lucy and I spend all our time together, she doesn't have a lot of moments to "miss me." I am the constant in her life...the one who is always there. I am also the one she tests, works over, cries to, whines to, etc. I know the girl loves me more than anything, but I guess I never get the "star role," like Daddy, who comes and goes and it is a major event every day when he comes home. So I admit I was a little surprised when she actually showed a little bit of a hard time when I was coming and going with my girlfriends this past weekend.
On Sunday morning, we took her to the park and she had my undivided attention. For one of the first times, I could just tell she was SOOOO happy to be with me. Everything was "Come on Momma!" "Hey Mom!" and she was constantly smiling at me and looking back at me with everything she did. It was so cute and it made me realize...I am this kid's world right now. I guess I already knew that, but just over the past couple of days, it has been made more and more apparent. We have been power struggling with things so much during the week (naps, eating, etc.) and she has been working on gaining her independence so much, I kind of forgot she is still a baby who still really needs me 100%. Today, I felt bad because she slept in and we were flailing off to school with no playtime and breakfast in the car. She had no problems, as usual, but when our car pulled into the parking lot at pick-up, she was at the playground fence yelling "Hey Mom! Hey!" and waving. Then I see her trying to yell to the teachers (who were talking to other parents), "My mom's here! My mom!" The teachers weren't paying attention to her so she just stood there at the fence watching. O.k. slash my wrists right now over the sadness of no one listening and the butt cuteness of her little body just standing there waiting for brother and I. I am so sure.
And then once again, when I reached her, she did the full on running and dramatic embrace and smiling at me with the biggest grin on earth about 1 inch from my face. Then we came home and played outside and she just seemed so happy to be playing with me, once again. When life is crazy and I am stressed or feel like I am not doing it all the best I could, I guess I am doing something right. Oh my Lucy, I am so lucky to have you as my little girl. I love that you still need me and worship me. I'll take all the worshipping I can get for as long as she'll give it.

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

This whole story brings tears to my eyes!!! I guess I identify as a Mom and as a Meem! ....How lucky have I been?!? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger