Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, October 15, 2006

In the midst of crazy...Tommy finds something to hold on to....

So life goes on...we have survived the first few days. We are still angry at how it was all done and not sure how these people can sleep at night by removing health care with 8 hours notice to families with children. Or by denying people monies owed to them. We may be trying to do something with all that, but that's another story and I won't bore you with those things here. We are job hunting crazies with little sleep and spinning heads. Once the kids are asleep, we both feel guilty if we sit on the couch for 30 minutes and watch a show and one of us usually runs back to the computer. But at the same time, we have to zone out a little bit or we'll go nuts. The little kiddos still need us to push forward and keep smiling. They are a great distraction from all the crap they are clueless to. Ironically, they are keeping me sane and strong at the moment. We had a wild weekend of b-day parties, visiting with family, etc. I am so tired I could fall off this chair right now. BUT - while all this was going on, a milestone occured. Tommy...found...his...penis! The past two days, when it's diaper changing time...he will make a grab for it and start giggling. Ahhh...7 months old and it's starting already. And is it odd that I strangely felt proud of him?

3 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

You guys are doing a WONDERFUL job of maintaining a predictable, fun world for your little ones while still working your bee-hinds off on job leads and possible avenues for getting what you're owed! It reminds me of syncronized swimming - but you don't have the greased hair!! HA!! Congrats to Tom-ma who is truly now a "boy's boy"!!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger amanda said...

You are hilarious! Glad to hear that you still have your sense of humor. It is probably the most important trait to have in life. Good luck with the job hunt and don't feel guilty if you need to rest every now and then and watch a little toob. It always helps me wind down. Take care!
AZ

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

Yep - in no time you'll definitely be shouting from the roof tops:
THANK GOONESS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger